Application for LCSW License by Reciprocity
Please read the application instructions.
The following forms and documents are required for Application by Reciprocity:
- Criminal History Background Check/Child Abuse and Neglect Background Inquiry – Once the Board office receives your completed application, you will be mailed the background check packet. Once the completed background check forms and fee are received, it can take 2-3 weeks to get the results. Your license will not be issued until we have received the results! More information can be found here.
- Reference forms are not required when applying by reciprocity.
- License Verification – You must request a completed license verification form from the licensing board of each state you have held or currently hold a license. The Board will also accept a letter from the licensing board verifying your license. The letter should contain your name, license issue and expiration dates, and disciplinary action information, if any.
- Laws and Rules – You must send the laws and rules from the jurisdiction in which you are licensed, which were in effect at the time you were initially licensed in that jurisdiction. The laws and rules must include the requirements for obtaining and maintaining a license in that jurisdiction. You may send this or request the licensing board to send it.
- License Fee – The Board has a license fee of $75. You may make the check or money order payable to NDBSWE. The fee can be paid at any time during the licensure process. Your license will not be issued until this fee is received.
Once all items are received, your license will be issued. License certificates are mailed on a weekly basis. If your application needs to be reviewed by the Board for any reason, your license will not be issued until the Board has reviewed and approved your application. All documentation must be received before the Board will review your application. Please review the Meeting Dates
page for upcoming meeting dates