ND Seal ND Board of Social Work Examiners

Licensee’s Request for Approval of Continuing Education Program

If you are interested in completing, or have already completed a continuing education program that has not been approved by the Board, you may seek formal approval from the Board to ensure it will meet the continuing education requirements.

Apply for Program Approval

If you wish to know for sure that a program you plan to attend or have attended will qualify, you may request formal approval.  This is not required.  To request formal approval, you must complete the online application and pay the $10 processing fee with a credit card, or your may submit a paper application form with a check or money order for the $10 processing fee.  You will be required to submit with the application a program agenda or brochure showing the objectives of the program and length of time of the program.  You may submit multiple applications at the same time for one $10 fee.

Out-of-State Continuing Education Programs

Please note, if you wish to complete a continuing education program offered by a national or out-of-state continuing education provider, check with the provider to see if the program is approved by either the Association of Social Work Boards, ASWB or the National Association of Social Workers, NASW.  If so, the Board will automatically accept the program and the License Holder’s Application for Program Approval form and fee are not needed.