Approved Provider Status
Approved providers are defined as those organizations, continuing education companies, government agency or division, or individuals which are approved by the Board to provide continuing education without the need for prior Board review on a program by program basis. An approved provider may provide an unlimited number of programs each year.
Approved Provider Requirements
- Approved providers must issue certificates of completion to attendees of their programs.
- The certificates must include the attendee’s name and license number (if known), title of the program, date of program, Board-issued Approved Provider number, and total of hours earned by attendee.
- The Board recommends copies of completion certificates, attendance rosters, and program information be kept on file for 4 years.
- Failure to provide programs which comply with the Board’s guidelines for acceptable continuing education may result in the loss of Approved Provider Status.
The fee for Approved Provider Status is $100.
Create your Provider Account in CE Broker today!
How to create your CE Broker Provider Account
1 | Visit cebroker.com/providers
2 | Choose North Dakota from the drop down menu and click Get Started.
3 | Select the North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners, review the application fees and, requirements, and click Register.
Requirements for Providers seeking blanket approval:
When registering as a board-approved Education Provider, CE Broker will lead you through a simple registration process. You will be asked to submit a provider profile, contact information, and at least one course that will electronically route to the Board for approval, along with a $100
registration fee. Approved Providers do not incur course application fees and approval is good for one year.
Requirements for Providers seeking individual course approval:
Providers may submit individual courses for approval. These submissions route directly to the Board for approval and each course carries a $25 application. These courses are approved for one year. Once courses are approved by the Board you will receive notification and the course is listed in the provider account and providers can report course completions. As per ND Admin. code, course content must relate to: theories and concepts of human behavior and the social environment; social work knowledge and skills; social work research or practice evaluation; social work ethics; or cross disciplinary courses directly relevant to social work practice or specialty.
CE Broker does not determine eligibility nor retain any portion of application fees.
- Apply for Approved Provider Status through CE Broker - online form
More Provider Resources