NDBSWE Complaint Process

How to File A Complaint

To read format you must have Adobe
Acrobat Reader installed on your system

 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Q:        Why do social workers need to be licensed in North Dakota? 

A:         The Social Work Practice Act was enacted in 1983 to protect the people in North Dakota who use social work services and to ensure social workers meet quality standards.  Only licensed individuals may perform social work practice and call themselves social workers.

Q:        What are my rights as a client?

A:         You have the right to professional, ethical treatment regardless of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, political affiliation, sexual practice, or marital status.  You have the right to a clear description of services, fees, and billing.  Information provided to a social worker is confidential.  Client records and other client information may not be released without the client’s written permission, except as otherwise provided by state and federal law.

Q:        How do I file a complaint against a licensed social worker?

A:         If you believe your rights have been violated by a social worker, you may file a written complaint with the North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners.  If you wish to file a complaint, submit the complaint form or if you have questions about the procedure, contact the board office at:

            PO Box 914
Bismarck, ND 58502-0914
Phone 701-222-0255
Fax 701-224-9824

Back to Top